Sunday Jun 27, 2021 5:00 pm
Presented by Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
Experience the peerless artistry of CMS with newly curated full-length HD concerts featuring archival video recordings woven together into never-before-heard concert pairings. Intermission will feature a Q&A with the artists. Free admission. The full event will remain available to watch on demand for one week.
- Vivaldi Sonata in A minor for Cello and Continuo, RV 43 (c. 1739) Original performance December 4, 2015
- Vivaldi Concerto in G minor for Flute, Oboe, and Bassoon, RV 103 Original performance April 16, 2015
- Vivaldi Concerto in F major for Three Violins, Strings, and Continuo, RV 511 (1711) Original performance December 3, 2017
- Vivaldi Sonata in D minor for Two Violins and Continuo, RV 63, “La Follia” (published c. 1705) Original performance May 2, 2016
- Vivaldi Concerto in D major for Mandolin, Strings, and Continuo, RV 93 (1730-31) Original performance December 13, 2016
John Gibbons, Michael Sponseller, Jiayan Sun, Harpsichord; Adam Barnett-Hart, Aaron Boyd, Chad Hoopes, Bella Hristova, Paul Huang, Ani Kavafian, Sean Lee, Todd Phillips, Danbi Um, Violin; Pierre Lapointe, Viola; Efe Baltacigil, Timothy Eddy, Dane Johansen, Mihai Marica, Daniel McDonough, Brook Speltz, Cello; Anthony Manzo, Double Bass; Paul O’Dette, Lute; Avi Avital, Mandolin; Jason Vieaux, Guitar; Sooyun Kim, Flute; Stephen Taylor, Oboe; Bram van Sambeek, Bassoon
Tune in now through 12/21/2020, stream it at: www.vilarpac.org/vivaldi-explosion-stream
TICKETS: Free, no ticket needed! // Give-What-You-Can
VPAC is pleased to offer the Vivaldi Explosion Performance Stream FREE of charge. We hope you will consider providing a contribution of any amount in support of our efforts to continue bringing the arts to our community during this difficult time.
Under the pandemic, the VPAC faces an unprecedented shortfall in the year ahead. Ticket sales alone account for 1/3 of annual revenues and have seen a 90% decrease this year. Your support will help our intimate, mountain venue endure.
Please consider a gift at any amount in support of VPACs efforts to continue inspiring our community through world-class programming in the arts.
This event is streaming online for free. Find FAQs for streaming online events HERE. The full event will remain available to watch on demand from 12/14/2020-12/21/2021
This is a virtual only event. Tickets for this performance are not issued through the VPAC box office.
Stream it today at: www.vilarpac.org/vivaldi-explosion-stream