Sunday Jun 27, 2021 5:00 pm
This event is presented by BRAVO!VAIL Music Festival
New York Philharmonic Quartet
Frank Huang, violin
Sheryl Staples, violin
Cynthia Phelps, viola
Carter Brey, cello
Anne-Marie McDermott, piano
MENDELSSOHN String Quartet No. 2 in A minor, Op. 13
SCHUMANN Piano Quintet in E-flat major, Op. 44
This “marvelous ensemble” (New York Times) is joined by Bravo! Vail’s artistic director for Schumann’s groundbreaking piano quintet, which combined the forces of piano with string quartet for the first time, pioneering a new genre of chamber music “suspended between private and public spheres.” Mendelssohn’s early work pays homage to Beethoven’s own groundbreaking late string quartets.
ABOUT THE NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC STRING QUARTET: Concertmaster Frank Huang (The Charles E. Culpeper Chair); Principal Associate Concertmaster Sheryl Staples (The Elizabeth G. Beinecke Chair); Principal Viola Cynthia Phelps (The Mr. and Mrs. Frederick P. Rose Chair); and Principal Cello Carter Brey (The Fan Fox and Leslie R. Samuels Chair).
ABOUT ANNE-MARIE MCDERMOTT: Pianist and Bravo! Vail Artistic Director Anne-Marie McDermott is a consummate artist who balances a versatile career as a soloist and collaborator. She performs over 100 concerts a year in a combination of solo recitals, concerti, and chamber music.
This series includes Academy of St. Martin in the Fields Chamber Ensemble (June 29), Two Pianos Four Hands featuring Anne-Marie McDermott and Jean-Efflam Bavouzet (July 13), New York Philharmonic String Quartet (July 20) and the Danish String Quartet (August 4).
Learn more and get tickets at: www.bravovail.org
TICKETS: $45 [On Sale May 17th at www.bravovail.org]
There are several ways to purchase tickets from Bravo!Vail:
- You may purchase online.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your ticketing request, and one of our representatives will contact you during normal office hours. Please include your full name and phone number in your message.
- Call 970.827.4311 and leave a message with your ticketing request. Please include your full name and phone number in your message, and one of our representatives will contact you during normal business hours.
- Please note, the Bravo! Vail Box Office is operating remotely and cannot accommodate in-person visits.
- The Bravo!Vail Box Office is open Monday – Friday 9:00AM to 4:00PM.
We’re Making Distancing Easy For You. All upcoming events will be in collaboration with and implement Eagle County’s precautionary guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to prioritize the health of our patrons, artists, community and beyond during every event. In doing so we’ve adopted new limited and physically distanced seating, cleaning procedures and much more.
- All events will adhere to Limited Guest Capacity
- We’ve implemented enhanced Safety & Cleaning Procedures
- We follow the 5 Community Commitments of Containment
- Read more about our COVID-19 Policy and Procedures HERE
Sunday Jun 27, 2021 5:00 pm
Sunday Jun 27, 2021 8:00 pm
Tuesday Jun 29, 2021 7:00 pm