Tuesday Apr 30, 2019 10:00 am
“ENLIGHTENING & EMPOWERING” — LA TIMES
Children ages 7-16 are welcome to test their skills under the supervision of Cirque du Soleil veterans. Cirque School LA uses training, performance, and community outreach to inspire an appreciation for the circus arts in a supportive environment. Cirque camps help build an individual’s physical and mental wellness and students of all abilities will gain strength, flexibility and create lasting friendships during this week long program in the heart of Beaver Creek. This special Cirque kids camp is designed specifically for youth ages 7 – 16 (no prior experience necessary) who are looking for an intensive and exhilarating program. Students will be introduced and continue their training in a variety of cirque techniques including both aerial & ground skills creating a well-rounded “Cirque Artist.” A strong emphasis will be made on mastering the fundamentals of various technical skills as a building block for better balance, coordination, flexibility and strength. Students will warm up and condition as a group then break off into smaller groups to accommodate different skill levels. Students are encouraged to remain true to Cirque School’s spirit- to create a supportive and non-competitive environment.
Students will be taught by Cirque School’s trained circus professionals in a safe, supportive and fun environment. Class curriculum will feature a variety of skills, include the following:
- Acrobatics: body awareness, coordination, balance and strength through acrobatics. Focusing on development in hand balancing and basic tumbling technique, the fundamentals of momentum, rotation and acrobatics coordination are examined.
- Aerial Fabric & Hammock: a combination of aerial tricks and conditions on the trapeze and fabric – building strength comfort while inverted.
- Manipulation skills: hula hoop, wire walking and or juggling.
- Partner Balancing: how to find correct alignment, balance and control while in a handstand as well as build stamina.
- Aerial Trapeze & Hoop: various beginning level tricks including how to utilize momentum on the bar, correct body alignment along with building more shoulder and core strength.
Sample daily schedule:
- 9:30-10:00am: Warm Up & Stretching
- 10:00-10:30am: Rotation 1″Aerial Fabric & Hammock”
- 10:30-11:30am: Rotation 2 “Manipulation Skills”
- 11:30am-12:30pm: Rotation 3 “Acrobatics”
- 12:30-1:30pm: Lunch
- 1:30-2:30pm: Rotation #4 “Partner Balancing”
- 2:30-3:15pm: Rotation #5 “Aerial Trapeze & Hoop”
- 3:15-3:30pm: Cool Down and Wrap Up
ABOUT CIRQUE SCHOOL LA: Cirque School was founded in 2009 with the mission of creating a training for “Anybody with Any Body.” The school’s 6,000 square foot studio in Los Angeles, CA is entirely dedicated to circus arts, offering over 50 classes a week. Cirque School programming offers a comprehensive approach to learning a wide variety of the circus arts including numerous aerial and ground disciples from the entry 101 level to the emerging professional. The school was created by founder and veteran Cirque du Soleil performer Aloyisia Gavre, who combined her expertise in circus performance and Pilates to develop a circus arts program that would help students gain strength and flexibility in a safe and non-competitive environment. In addition to having a loyal following of students, Hollywood television and film production companies utilize Cirque School for circus consultation and training.
Current industry credits:
- Reese Witherspoon & Christoph Waltz for the film Water for Elephants
- Rebel Wilson for the film Pitch Perfect 2
- Andrea Martin and Annie Pots for Pippin Broadway
- Neil Patrick Harris, Zoe Deschanel, Shailene Woodley, Brook Burke and more!
“We learned so much about teamwork and have an INCREDIBLE amount of respect for the people who train their entire lives for these performances” – Buzzfeed
“Cirque School LA, a mecca of contortion and core strength founded by former Cirque du Soleil aerial hoops specialtist Aloysia Gavre” – LA Weekly
“It was heaven, to flip, to spin, to swing on a trapeze and sail through a hoop, it was a thrill.” –L.A. Times
CIRQUE SCHOOL LA PHILOSOPHY: Class programming was created from founder, Aloysia Gavre’s combined edutation in both circus and Pilates over the last 20 years. During her tenure as a Cirque du Soleil aerialist she also became her show’s Pilates coach to aid in her colleagues’ injury prevention and recovery. Cirque School’s classes are taught by working circus professionals and utilize the best of both professional circus training and Pilates. This hybrid method helps students gain strength and flexibility, as well as physical and mental wellness, through one of the most intense, exhilarating and safe circus arts programs ever developed. Walking into the door, you’ll notice immediately that going to Cirque School isn’t at all like going to a the gym. We believe that our classes should be both rigorous and fun. Our teachers strive to maintain a warm, and non-competitive environment.
COST: $1,500 for 5-Day Camp
Camp will take place June 24th-28th, 2019 / 9:30am-3:30pm (lunch included in cost; lodging not included in cost)
Camp attendees are encouraged to stay in Beaver Creek for the ultimate camp experience. Camp attendees staying within Beaver Creek Village and will get exclusive lodging packages as listed below:
Beaver Creek partner property rates available June 23rd-30th include:
Beaver Creek Lodge:
King Suites: $189 per room per night
+ $25 Resort Fee
+ $25 Valet Parking
(Rate for 6 night stay, based upon space available)
St. James Place:
Two Bedroom: $299/night
Two Bedroom Premium: $309/night
Three Bedroom: $369/night
Three Bedroom Premium: $389/night
No Resort Fee
No Parking Fee
(Rate for 6 night stay, based upon space available)
Other valid lodging available at: The Osprey at Beaver Creek, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, The Pines Lodge, Kiva, Oxford Court, Park Plaza Beaver Creek, Poste Montane, Villa Montane Townhomes, The Borders Lodge, Centennial, The Charter Beaver Creek, Creekside, Elkhorn Lodge
QUESTIONS? Call the VPAC Box Office at 970.845.8497 or email email@example.com